PTO Meeting Schedule/Agenda for 2021-2022
Subject to Change if Needed
October 13 @ 7PM Baxter Community Center
All About Reading: Why it is important; Tips by Reading Level, and School and At-Home Resources
November 10 @ 7PM OPES Cafeteria
The Use of Language in and out of the classroom
- Emotional Intelligence: How RULER is being used at OPES and ways to reinforce emotional learning at home.
- Encouraging a Growth Mindset – What is a growth mindset and how can it help our children thrive, language that encourages perseverance.
December 8 @ 7PM Baxter Community Center
Come join us to meet and socialize with other Orchard Park parents and hear some mid-year updates.
January 12 @ 7PM OPES Cafeteria
Introduction to OPES Special Services – Who are our OPES specialists and what programs are available to help our students. We will also discuss what evaluations or testing are used to help identify needs.
February 9 @ 7PM OPES Cafeteria
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM)
- How does OPES teach STEAM subjects across grade levels?
- How STEAM curriculum can build critical thinking skills.
- Meet our teachers and learn more about how to encourage STEAM curiosity at home.
March 9 @ 6PM Baxter Community Center
What is a Morning Meeting? OPES teachers and staff will perform a mock morning meeting to demonstrate what it is and how it is used in the classroom. After our Mock meeting, we’ll discuss techniques for focus and self-regulation for kids and have a fun yoga activity on the lawn.
April 20 @ OPES Cafeteria 7PM
- Guidance Talk – What we learned teaching through a Pandemic. School Safety and resources for parents on Internet Safety.
- Looking ahead to 2022/23 – Quick Overview of Planned OPES Clubs and Activities available for your kids next year!
May 11 @ 7PM Baxter Community Center
End of Year Social
- Summer Learning Loss – Fact or Fiction? How to engage our kids in learning through the summer. Resources, ideas, and how to maximize 15 minutes a day!!