The PTO helps our school purchase technology, programs and materials that are not in their annual budget. This year we are raising money for our classroom literacy project. Each teacher will be provided funds to equip their classrooms with a new class library!
How it's done...
Teachers, families and local businesses work together to accomplish these goals by:
- Dining out on Spirit Nights (Monthly Restaurant nights)
- Buying Spirit Wear
- Donating online
- Saving and bringing in Box Tops for Education
- Linking your Harris Teeter VIC card every August to their Together In Education program: 4654 is our school code
- Using your Publix card before all purchases at Publix (get these cards from PTO, must say OPESPTO on the back of card)
- Purchasing a School Kidz Supply Kit (OPES receives 10% of sales)
- Corporate matching donations
Our main fundraiser for the school year is called the Boosterthon Fun Run. We do not participate in any fundraisers requiring door to door sales. 2018-19 will be our 11th year with the Boosterthon Team powering our fun run! Click here for a great article featuring past PTO President, Ashli Welsh, describing the benefits of Boosterthon to our school. More details to follow soon!
Over the years, funds raised from this fundraiser have gone towards the purchases of new playground equipment, shade structures, outdoor picnic area, Chromebooks, STEM Initiatives at OPES, and many more necessities to make our school great! We work in conjunction with school administrators to identify the specific needs of the school that may not be covered in their annual budget. 10% of our earnings return to each classroom Teacher! Thank you in advance for supporting this FUN event!
Thanks for all you do to support our school!
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity! Please support these businesses that support our school!