HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!
A few decorated teacher doors. Thank you to the parents for volunteering Sunday to decorate!
- March 19-23: Teacher Appreciation Week! This year's theme is Alice in Wonderland. Students are encouraged to participate! Each day's theme is as follows:
Monday – White Rabbit Breakfast
Tuesday –Thank you note to teachers
Wednesday – Eat Me/Drink Me; provide teachers their favorite drinks and snacks
Thursday – Painting the Roses Red – Paint a picture for your teacher or bring them flowers
Friday – Madhatter Tea Party – Teacher Luncheon
- March 19th: SIC Council Meeting at 5:30 pm. Will be held at OPES.
- March 20th: School Bond Referendum Vote for Fort Mill School District. Please visit the polls to vote YES to the Fort Mill School District Bond Referendum that will allow funding for the exponential growth in our city. The Bond will pay for two new elementary schools, one new middle school, land for future schools, new buses and upgrades to technology at current older schools. Growth in Fort Mill is inevitable. To avoid modular units and overcrowding in our schools, we must vote YES to support the influx of new families.
- March 30: Regular School Day (Makeup for Winter Weather).
- April 2-6th: Spring Break! Enjoy your week off!
- April 10th: PTO Meeting at 2:40 pm in the OPES library.
- April 11-13th: Spring Book Fair hosted by the PTO! We need volunteers to assist in running it in one hour increments beginning at 7:10 a.m. We need 4 people per shift, so gather up your friends and come spend a little time helping our students pick out amazing literature! Email email@example.com if you are interested. Click here to sign-up.
- April 13th: Family Night at OPES! 5:30pm - We will be showing the box office hit WONDER. Food trucks will be at the school and our Book Fair will be open for you and your family to shop.
- April 14th: Spirit Day/Night at Mr. Putty's Fun Park! The event goes from 10 am - 10 pm. Enjoy a game of golf with family and friends while supporting our school!
- April 22nd: Earth Day Fun at OPES! Enjoy a lovely Sunday afternoon with your family and friends as we beautify Orchard Park! This event starts around 1 pm and we will take as many volunteers as we can get for this one! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested or click here to sign-up.
**Each Volunteer Event will include a raffle for various prizes as the PTO's way of thanking those that invest their time in our students.**
*School Store is open every Wednesday! Begins at 7:10 am and goes until school starts for the day! We will also be selling Spirit Wear!! Come out and see us!*
- Chess Club Tournament will be held Sunday, March 25th, 1pm at Village Hall in Baxter Village. All 3rd, 4th & 5th grade Chess Club attendees are invited to participate. Students must be pre-registered in order to play. To register, email email@example.com, put CHESS in the subject line and include your child’s name and grade in the email.
SPIRIT ROCK INFORMATION:
To reserve the Spirit Rock, you MUST create an account and sign-in.
- Once you are signed in, simply click the top menu tab labeled "Fundraisers" and then click the "Spirit Rock" subsection.
- Payment must be submitted at time of sign-up for the rock to confirm your reservation.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here.
*Please also note that the administration at Orchard Park Elementary does not currently manage the rock, so please do not call the Main Office with questions.*
The last Friday of each month is Spirit Day. Show your school pride by wearing your Spirit Wear or school colors! Spirit Wear can be purchased on select days. Order forms will go home in your student's communication folder or you can download the form by clicking here. At this time, spirit wear cannot be purchased online.
- Monday, March 19
- Tuesday, March 20
- Wednesday, March 21
- Thursday, March 22
- Friday, March 23
- Friday, March 30