To help you through this unique school year, here is a list of resources from our website-host Membership Toolkit:
Reading and Educational Sites ~
- Celebrity read aloud: https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Free online Scholastic Resources with daily plans: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
E-Books & Read aloud (12 years and younger). Free 1 month trial from Epic: https://www.getepic.com/
At Home ideas from Kiwi Company, a STEAM company: https://www.kiwico.com/blog/2020/03/14/
Khan Academy- Free online learning site: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Education.com (K-5th). Many free resources for learning at home and independent learning. https://www.education.com/
- National Geographics for Kids: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
- Fun educational website (elementary age only): https://www.abcya.com
- Great for brain breaks; Go Noodle! (elementary age): https://www.youtube.com/user/GoNoodleGames
- Audible by Amazon has a free collection of stories available to stream: https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Virtual Field trips:
- Learn about your favorite zoo animal through the Cincinnatti zoo: http://cincinnatizoo.org/home-safari-resources/
- Tour one of 12 famous museums from around the world: https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- Learn about our national parks and take virtual tours: https://www.nps.gov/index.htm
Other virtual field trips: https://www.weareteachers.com/best-virtual-field-trips/
Get Outside ~
- Take a walk, hike or family bike ride.
- Complete PE assignments, make it more fun with the entire family!
- Practice sport skills, ask your coach for ideas or google training videos.
- Catch up on yard work or plant flowers.
Spring Cleaning ~
- Clean out the closets; have the kids put on a 'fashion show' to decide what they've outgrown. Bag up your unneeded items to donate to a charity or prepare for a future garage sale.
- Sort/organize your legos.
- Clean out your toy room and set aside items to be donated or sold.
- Paint a room.
Family Time ~
- Movie Night ~ make popcorn & black out the windows to make an authentic movie experience.
- Find some yoga on youtube or other streaming source and get the entire family involved!
- Enjoy board games or puzzles.
- Build a fort with boxes or sheets.
- Go through old photos and create a scrapbook.
Elhke Art - Follow along with Mrs. Elhke and her children as they draw and paint.
- Coloring books
- Make slime or playdough.
- Create jewelry.
- Make and decorate cookies or a cake.
- Have a family Top Chef contest.
- Teach the kids to cook or make a new recipe.
- Play restaurant where the kids take your order and play waiter/waitress.