Dear OPES Family,
I hope you all had a wonderful Summer! In a few short weeks, we will be sending our children back to school. I almost can't believe it! I always feel sentimental at the beginning of a new school year. Shopping for school supplies, meeting the teacher and taking the obligatory "First Day of School" pictures excites me! It's a fresh start, another opportunity to witness the exponential growth, both emotionally and academically, of our children as they navigate new challenges. This year will be incredibly bittersweet as both of my children will officially be full-time students. Where did the time go?! For some of you, this is the first year at Orchard Park. Welcome to you and to all of our returning students/parents. We are happy to have you!
If you haven't already acquainted yourself with our website, please take some time to do so now. To gain full access to the site, you must first register. Once that is complete, you will be able to sign up for volunteer opportunities, reserve the Spirit Rock and even order Spirit Wear! Our calendar will be updated frequently as school events are created, so be sure to subscribe to it to receive notifications. We do also have a Facebook page, which you can access by clicking the social media navigation button in the upper lefthand corner. Please feel free to email us as well at firstname.lastname@example.org ,if you have any questions.
May we all look forward to a wonderful 2018-2019 school year!
OPES PTO Website Manager
- 8/16: Meet the Teacher
- 8/17: Spirit Rock Reservations OPEN at 8 a.m.
- 8/19: Chalk the Walk from 5:00-6:00 p.m. at Orchard Park Elementary School. (Come write happy notes on the sidewalks at OPES to welcome our Eagles to the 18-19 school year!)
- 8/19: Bedtime Story with Mr. Johnson at 7 p.m. (Through FB Live on the OPES page)
- 8/20: First Day of School (Grades 1-5) *Refer to Kindergarten Staggered Start Below for Dates*
- 8/20: First Day for Kindergarten birthdays/ Jan, Feb, March Only
- 8/21: First Day for Kindergarten birthdays/ April, May, June Only
- 8/22: First Day for Kindergarten birthdays/ July, Aug, Sept Only
- 8/23: First Day for Kindergarten birthdays/ Oct, Nov, Dec Only
- 8/24: All Kindergarten Students Attend
- 8/28: Boy Scout Recruitment from 6:15-9:00 p.m. at Orchard Park Elementary School
*School Store is open every Wednesday!
Begins at 7:10 am and goes until school starts for the day!
* Vex Robotics Club is in need of a Parent Helper for next year. Ms. Price, our Technology teacher, will lead the club. Please click here to email Ms. Price, if interested.
Spirit Rock Information:
To reserve the Spirit Rock, you MUST create an account and sign-in.
- Once you are signed in, simply click the top menu tab labeled "Fundraisers" and then click the "Spirit Rock" subsection.
- Payment must be submitted at time of sign-up for the rock to confirm your reservation.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here.
*Please also note that the administration at Orchard Park Elementary does not currently manage the rock, so please do not call the Main Office with questions.*
**Online Purchase Option Coming Soon**